Hello and Welcome

I am desperately trying to pay off my debt while learning to better manage my money. Please share your advice, tips and stories. I need all the help i can get!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

S-T-U-P-I-D

    For dumb stupid reason, i attempted to talk to my spouse about money today...which of course led to an argument! He is in land development, so he gets paid per job that he does or a commission or a deal he closes (complicated).

Anyways, my brother in law calls (his brother) telling my husband about his new "steady" job and how great it is. Which of course..i am 100% jealous that he has a job (after 4 months of looking) that pays steady. I would kill for my husband to have a "steady" job. I just would love the security. We have two kids and no medical coverage on them. I tried to get us on healthy families, but 1. They closed new applications in July and 2. We make too much money apparently.

He has looked for jobs (they all end up being commission based...which i hate!)...and he gets them. Then he does it for a minute, but realizes he can't really work his Land development company and do the other jobs. So, those jobs go bye bye. Then i ask him about it and he says, "Land Development pays far more right now then working any of those other jobs" which honestly is true. But the money is not stable. One month he will get paid,then maybe we go one month without seeing a paycheck! This is such a nightmare. What am i supposed to do? H-E-L-P. I am so stressed because i don't know where we will be getting a paycheck next month, but he keeps saying "i'll have to do something drastic" what the hell does that mean? He says, "like go out and get a job?" ..isn't that what you have already and job? AHHHHHHH! So we are currently in opposite ends of the house. I hate talking about money and bills with him, just leads to a freakin fight! So now I need to add dealing with my flipin marriage on my never ending list of crap to fix.




No comments: